TOP 10 REASONS TO JOIN A SNOWMOBILE CLUB
10. Snowmobile Clubs gain land access to create OUR snowmobile trails.
9. Snowmobile Clubs build the emergency shelters and trails WE all ride on.
8. Snowmobile Clubs purchase the insurance, groomers and pay the groomer operators needed to maintain OUR trails.
7. Snowmobile Clubs, for OUR safety, maintain and install the trail signage on OUR trails.
6. Snowmobile Clubs are solely responsible for grooming OUR trails.
5. Snowmobile Clubs offer financial benefits through sponsoring and promoting businesses, that provide economic benefits to businesses in the Bulkley Valley
4. Snowmobile Clubs promote safe riding and sponsor safety training for OUR children, and sponsor Avalanche Canada.
3. Belonging to a Snowmobile Club gives you a great social outlet for OUR favorite hobby, where you can meet new friends and people to ride with.
2. Belonging to a Snowmobile Club gives YOU a direct voice about trail creation, maintenance, signage, access to riding areas, and how your membership dollars are spent.
1. BELONGING TO A SNOWMOBILE CLUB IS JUST THE RIGHT THING TO DO IF YOU RIDE AND WANT TO KEEP THE SPORT OF SNOWMOBILING ALIVE!!
Being a member gives you the opportunity to help decide how the SSA operates, and how the SSA deals with numerous government agencies regarding land use, recreation access, regulations and restrictions. Any member is eligible to apply to be a director which brings more responsibility regarding the day to day business decisions required. We encourage everyone to become involved and help make a difference.
Provides you with $7 million in CGL (Comprehensive General Liability) insurance coverage, while acting as a volunteer for the SSA. Entitles you to a 45% discount for the lowest personal and property insurance rates for additional coverage by our agent Oasis.
Monthly newsletter that keeps you informed of all snowmobile related activities.Immediate notification by email of any SPAW (Special Avalanche Warning) in the province by Avalanche Canada.
Where does my membership fee go?
Membership fees go towards maintaining and improving our infrastructures and the general operating costs incurred by the SSA.
In previous seasons our general operating costs exceeded $30,000. Membership fees allow us to buy fuel, parts and maintenance for our groomers that we need to groom over 100 km of trails and keep the parking lots and roadways clear and safe. Pays for the low-bedding required to move these machines. Pays for the maintenance of the ATES (Avalanche Terrain Evaluation Scale) and Beacon checkers, a potential life saving program. Pays for the CGL,, property, (all our emergency shelters) and equipment insurance, required by the BC government. We need your support!
POWERED BY MEMBERSHIPS